1. The word of Jehovah that came unto Hosea the son of Beeri, in the days of Uzziah, Jotham, Ahaz, and Hezekiah, kings of Judah, and in the days of Jeroboam the son of Joash, king of Israel.
2. When Jehovah spake at the first by Hosea, Jehovah said unto Hosea, Go, take unto thee a wife of whoredom and children of whoredom; for the land doth commit great whoredom, [departing] from Jehovah.
3. So he went and took Gomer the daughter of Diblaim; and she conceived, and bare him a son.
6. And she conceived again, and bare a daughter. And [Jehovah] said unto him, Call her name Lo-ruhamah; for I will no more have mercy upon the house of Israel, that I should in any wise pardon them.
7. But I will have mercy upon the house of Judah, and will save them by Jehovah their God, and will not save them by bow, nor by sword, nor by battle, by horses, nor by horsemen.
8. Now when she had weaned Lo-ruhamah, she conceived, and bare a son.
9. And [Jehovah] said, Call his name Lo-ammi; for ye are not my people, and I will not be your [God].
10. Yet the number of the children of Israel shall be as the sand of the sea, which cannot be measured nor numbered; and it shall come to pass that, in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people, it shall be said unto them, [Ye are] the sons of the living God.
Comente sobre este trecho da bíblia
Você está lendo Oséias na edição ASV, American Standard Version, em Inglês.
Este lívro compôe o Antigo Testamento, tem 14 capítulos, e 197 versículos.