1. For the Chief Musician. A Psalm of David. Hear my voice, O God, in my complaint: Preserve my life from fear of the enemy.
2. Hide me from the secret counsel of evil-doers, From the tumult of the workers of iniquity;
3. Who have whet their tongue like a sword, And have aimed their arrows, even bitter words,
4. That they may shoot in secret places at the perfect: Suddenly do they shoot at him, and fear not.
5. They encourage themselves in an evil purpose; They commune of laying snares privily; They say, Who will see them?
6. They search out iniquities; We have accomplished, [say they], a diligent search: And the inward thought and the heart of every one is deep.
7. But God will shoot at them; With an arrow suddenly shall they be wounded.
8. So they shall be made to stumble, their own tongue being against them: All that see them shall wag the head.
9. And all men shall fear; And they shall declare the work of God, And shall wisely consider of his doing.
10. The righteous shall be glad in Jehovah, and shall take refuge in him; And all the upright in heart shall glory.
Comente sobre este trecho da bíblia
Você está lendo Salmos na edição ASV, American Standard Version, em Inglês.
Este lívro compôe o Antigo Testamento, tem 150 capítulos, e 2461 versículos.