1. And the man had connection with Eve his wife, and she became with child and gave birth to Cain, and said, I have got a man from the Lord.
3. And after a time, Cain gave to the Lord an offering of the fruits of the earth.
4. And Abel gave an offering of the young lambs of his flock and of their fat. And the Lord was pleased with Abel's offering;
5. But in Cain and his offering he had no pleasure. And Cain was angry and his face became sad.
6. And the Lord said to Cain, Why are you angry? and why is your face sad?
7. If you do well, will you not have honour? and if you do wrong, sin is waiting at the door, desiring to have you, but do not let it be your master.
8. And Cain said to his brother, Let us go into the field: and when they were in the field, Cain made an attack on his brother Abel and put him to death.
9. And the Lord said to Cain, Where is your brother Abel? And he said, I have no idea: am I my brother's keeper?
10. And he said, What have you done? the voice of your brother's blood is crying to me from the earth.
11. And now you are cursed from the earth, whose mouth is open to take your brother's blood from your hand;
12. No longer will the earth give you her fruit as the reward of your work; you will be a wanderer in flight over the earth.
13. And Cain said, My punishment is greater than my strength.
14. You have sent me out this day from the face of the earth and from before your face; I will be a wanderer in flight over the earth, and whoever sees me will put me to death.
15. And the Lord said, Truly, if Cain is put to death, seven lives will be taken for his. And the Lord put a mark on Cain so that no one might put him to death.
16. And Cain went away from before the face of the Lord, and made his living-place in the land of Nod on the east of Eden.
17. And Cain had connection with his wife and she became with child and gave birth to Enoch: and he made a town, and gave the town the name of Enoch after his son.
18. And Enoch had a son Irad: and Irad became the father of Mehujael: and Mehujael became the father of Methushael: and Methushael became the father of Lamech.
19. And Lamech had two wives; the name of the one was Adah, and the name of the other Zillah.
20. And Adah gave birth to Jabal: he was the father of such as are living in tents and keep cattle.
21. And his brother's name was Jubal: he was the father of all players on instruments of music.
22. And Zillah gave birth to Tubal-cain, who is the father of every maker of cutting instruments of brass and iron: and the sister of Tubal-cain was Naamah.
23. And Lamech said to his wives, Adah and Zillah, give ear to my voice; you wives of Lamech, give attention to my words, for I would put a man to death for a wound, and a young man for a blow;
24. If seven lives are to be taken as punishment for Cain's death, seventy-seven will be taken for Lamech's.
25. And Adam had connection with his wife again, and she gave birth to a son to whom she gave the name of Seth: for she said, God has given me another seed in place of Abel, whom Cain put to death.
26. And Seth had a son, and he gave him the name of Enosh: at this time men first made use of the name of the Lord in worship.
1. This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day when God made man, he made him in the image of God;
2. Male and female he made them, naming them Man, and giving them his blessing on the day when they were made.
3. Adam had been living for a hundred and thirty years when he had a son like himself, after his image, and gave him the name of Seth:
4. And after the birth of Seth, Adam went on living for eight hundred years, and had sons and daughters:
5. And all the years of Adam's life were nine hundred and thirty: and he came to his end.
6. And Seth was a hundred and five years old when he became the father of Enosh:
7. And he went on living after the birth of Enosh for eight hundred and seven years, and had sons and daughters:
8. And all the years of Seth's life were nine hundred and twelve: and he came to his end.
9. And Enosh was ninety years old when he became the father of Kenan:
10. And after the birth of Kenan, Enosh went on living for eight hundred and fifteen years, and had sons and daughters:
11. And all the years of Enosh were nine hundred and five: and he came to his end.
12. And Kenan was seventy years old when he became the father of Mahalalel:
13. And after the birth of Mahalalel, Kenan went on living for eight hundred and forty years, and had sons and daughters:
14. And all the years of Kenan's life were nine hundred and ten; and he came to his end.
15. And Mahalalel was sixty-five years old when he became the father of Jared:
16. And after the birth of Jared, Mahalalel went on living for eight hundred and thirty years, and had sons and daughters:
17. And all the years of Mahalalel's life were eight hundred and ninety-five: and he came to his end.
18. And Jared was a hundred and sixty-two years old when he became the father of Enoch:
19. And Jared went on living after the birth of Enoch for eight hundred years, and had sons and daughters:
20. And all the years of Jared's life were nine hundred and sixty-two: and he came to his end.
21. And Enoch was sixty-five years old when he became the father of Methuselah:
22. And after the birth of Methuselah, Enoch went on in God's ways for three hundred years, and had sons and daughters:
23. And all the years of Enoch's life were three hundred and sixty-five:
24. And Enoch went on in God's ways: and he was not seen again, for God took him.
25. And Methuselah was a hundred and eighty-seven years old when he became the father of Lamech:
26. And after the birth of Lamech, Methuselah went on living for seven hundred and eighty-two years, and had sons and daughters:
27. And all the years of Methuselah's life were nine hundred and sixty-nine: and he came to his end.
28. And Lamech was a hundred and eighty-two years old when he had a son:
29. And he gave him the name of Noah, saying, Truly, he will give us rest from our trouble and the hard work of our hands, because of the earth which was cursed by God.
30. And after the birth of Noah, Lamech went on living for five hundred and ninety-five years, and had sons and daughters:
31. And all the years of Lamech's life were seven hundred and seventy-seven: and he came to his end.
32. And when Noah was five hundred years old, he became the father of Shem, Ham, and Japheth.
Comente sobre este trecho da bíblia
- A criação do universo e da raça humana Capítulo: 1-2
- O começo do pecado e do sofrimento Capítulo: 3
- De Adão até Noé Capítulo: 4-5
- Noé e o dilúvio Capítulo: 6-10
- A torre de Babel Capítulo: 11.1-9
- De Sem até Abrão Capítulo: 11.10-32
- Os patriarcas: Abraão, Isaque e Jacó Capítulo: 12-35
- Os descendentes de Esaú Capítulo: 36
- José e os seus irmãos Capítulo: 37-45
- Os israelitas no Egito Capítulo: 46-50
Você está lendo Gênesis na edição BBE, Basic English, em Inglês.
Este lívro compôe o Antigo Testamento, tem 50 capítulos, e 1533 versículos.