19. Now there was a certain man of great wealth, who was dressed in fair clothing of purple and delicate linen, and was shining and glad every day.
20. And a certain poor man, named Lazarus, was stretched out at his door, full of wounds,
21. Desiring the broken bits of food which came from the table of the man of wealth; and even the dogs came and put their tongues on his wounds.
22. And in time the poor man came to his end, and angels took him to Abraham's breast. And the man of wealth came to his end, and was put in the earth.
23. And in hell, being in great pain, lifting up his eyes he saw Abraham, far away, and Lazarus on his breast.
24. And he gave a cry and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me and send Lazarus, so that he may put the end of his finger in water and put it on my tongue, for I am cruelly burning in this flame.
25. But Abraham said, Keep in mind, my son, that when you were living, you had your good things, while Lazarus had evil things: but now, he is comforted and you are in pain.
26. And in addition, there is a deep division fixed between us and you, so that those who might go from here to you are not able to do so, and no one may come from you to us.
27. And he said, Father, it is my request that you will send him to my father's house;
28. For I have five brothers; and let him give them an account of these things, so that they may not come to this place of pain.
29. But Abraham said, They have Moses and the prophets; let them give ear to what they say.
30. And he said, No, father Abraham, but if someone went to them from the dead, their hearts would be changed.
31. And he said to him, If they will not give attention to Moses and the prophets, they will not be moved even if someone comes back from the dead.
Comente sobre este trecho da bíblia
- Apresentação Capítulo: 1.1-4
- Nascimento e infância de João Batista e de Jesus Capítulo: 1.5-2.52
- O trabalho de João Batista Capítulo: 3.1-20
- O batismo e a tentação de Jesus Capítulo: 3.21-4.13
- O trabalho de Jesus na Galiléia Capítulo: 4.14-9.50
- Da Galiléia até Jerusalém Capítulo: 9.51-19.27
- A última semana de Jesus em Jerusalém Capítulo: 19.28-23.56
Você está lendo Lucas na edição BBE, Basic English, em Inglês.
Este lívro compôe o Novo Testamento, tem 24 capítulos, e 1151 versículos.