1. <A Song of the going up.> Lord, give thought to David, and to all his troubles;
2. How he made an oath to the Lord, and gave his word to the great God of Jacob, saying,
3. Truly, I will not come into my house, or go to my bed,
4. I will not give sleep to my eyes, or rest to my eyeballs,
5. Till I have got a place for the Lord, a resting-place for the great God of Jacob.
6. We had news of it at Ephrathah: we came to it in the fields of the wood.
7. Let us go into his tent; let us give worship at his feet.
8. Come back, O Lord, to your resting-place; you and the ark of your strength.
9. Let your priests be clothed with righteousness; and let your saints give cries of joy.
10. Because of your servant David, do not give up your king.
11. The Lord gave a true oath to David, which he will not take back, saying, I will give your kingdom to the fruit of your body.
12. If your children keep my word, and the teachings which I will give them, their children will be rulers of your kingdom for ever.
13. For the Lord's heart is on Zion, desiring it for his resting-place.
14. This is my rest for ever: here will I ever be; for this is my desire.
15. My blessing will be on her food; and her poor will be full of bread.
16. Her priests will be clothed with salvation; and her saints will give cries of joy.
17. There I will make the horn of David fertile: I have made ready a light for my king.
18. His haters will be clothed with shame; but I will make his crown shining.
Comente sobre este trecho da bíblia
Você está lendo Salmos na edição BBE, Basic English, em Inglês.
Este lívro compôe o Antigo Testamento, tem 150 capítulos, e 2462 versículos.