1. Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
2. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
3. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.
4. Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
5. Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not its own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
6. Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;
7. Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
8. Charity never faileth: but whether there are prophecies, they shall fail; whether there are languages, they shall cease; whether there is knowledge, it shall vanish away.
9. For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.
10. But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.
11. When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
12. For now we see through a glass darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
13. And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.
Comente sobre este trecho da bíblia
- Introdução Capítulo: 1.1-9
- Grupos na igreja Capítulo: 1.10-4.21
- Imoralidade e questões sobre o casamento Capítulo: 5-7
- Relação entre cristãos e pagãos Capítulo: 8.1-11.1
- Problemas na igreja Capítulo: 11.2-14.40
- A ressurreição de Cristo e dos que crêem nele Capítulo: 15
- A oferta para os cristãos necessitados da Judéia Capítulo: 16.1-4
Você está lendo 1 Coríntios na edição WEB, Webster, em Inglês.
Este lívro compôe o Novo Testamento, tem 16 capítulos, e 437 versículos.