42. Jehoshaphat was thirty and five years old when he began to reign; and he reigned twenty and five years in Jerusalem. And his mother's name was Azubah the daughter of Shilhi.
43. And he walked in all the way of Asa his father; he turned not aside from it, doing that which was right in the eyes of the LORD: nevertheless the high places were not taken away; for the people offered and burnt incense yet in the high places.
44. And Jehoshaphat made peace with the king of Israel.
45. Now the rest of the acts of Jehoshaphat, and his might that he showed, and how he warred, are they not written in the book of the chronicles of the kings of Judah?
46. And the remnant of the sodomites, which remained in the days of his father Asa, he removed from the land.
47. There was then no king in Edom: a deputy was king.
48. Jehoshaphat made ships of Tharshish to go to Ophir for gold: but they went not; for the ships were broken at Ezion-geber.
49. Then said Ahaziah the son of Ahab to Jehoshaphat, Let my servants go with thy servants in the ships. But Jehoshaphat would not.
50. And Jehoshaphat slept with his fathers, and was buried with his fathers in the city of David his father: and Jehoram his son reigned in his stead.
52. And he did evil in the sight of the LORD, and walked in the way of his father, and in the way of his mother, and in the way of Jeroboam the son of Nebat, who made Israel to sin:
Comente sobre este trecho da bíblia
- O fim do reinado de Davi Capítulo: 1.1-2.12
- Salomão torna-se rei Capítulo: 2.13-46
- O reinado de Salomão Capítulo: 3-11
- Os dois reinos Capítulo: 12-22
Você está lendo 1 Reis na edição WEB, Webster, em Inglês.
Este lívro compôe o Antigo Testamento, tem 22 capítulos, e 816 versículos.