1. The elder to the elect lady, and her children, whom I love in the truth; and not I only, but also all they that have known the truth;
2. For the truth's sake which dwelleth in us, and shall be with us for ever.
3. Grace be with you, mercy, and peace from God the Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love.
4. I rejoiced greatly, that I found of thy children walking in truth, as we have received a commandment from the Father.
5. And now I beseech thee, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment to thee, but that which we had from the beginning, that we love one another.
6. And this is love, that we walk according to his commandments. This is the commandment, that as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.
7. For many deceivers have entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver, and an antichrist.
8. Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.
9. Whoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
10. If any one cometh to you, and bringeth not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither wish him happiness:
11. For he that wisheth him happiness, is partaker of his evil deeds.
12. Having many things to write to you, I would not write with paper and ink: but I trust to come to you, and speak face to face, that our joy may be full.
13. The children of thy elect sister greet thee. Amen.
Comente sobre este trecho da bíblia
Você está lendo 2 João na edição WEB, Webster, em Inglês.
Este lívro compôe o Novo Testamento, tem 1 capítulos, e 13 versículos.