1. And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bore Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD.
3. And in process of time it came to pass, that Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering to the LORD.
5. But to Cain and to his offering he had not respect. And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell.
6. And the LORD said to Cain, Why art thou wroth? and why is thy countenance fallen?
7. If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And to thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him.
9. And the LORD said to Cain, Where is Abel thy brother? And he said, I know not: Am I my brother's keeper?
10. And he said, What hast thou done? the voice of thy brother's blood crieth to me from the ground.
11. And now art thou cursed from the earth, which hath opened her mouth to receive thy brother's blood from thy hand;
12. When thou tillest the ground, it shall not henceforth yield to thee its strength: A fugitive and a vagabond shalt thou be in the earth.
13. And Cain said to the LORD, My punishment is greater than I can bear.
14. Behold, thou hast driven me this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it will come to pass, that every one that findeth me will slay me.
15. And the LORD said to him, Therefore whoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him seven-fold. And the LORD set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him.
16. And Cain went out from the presence of the LORD, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden.
17. And Cain knew his wife, and she conceived, and bore Enoch: and he built a city, and called the name of the city, after the name of his son Enoch.
18. And to Enoch was born Irad: and Irad begat Mehujael: and Mehujael begat Methusael: and Methusael begat Lamech.
19. And Lamech took to him two wives: the name of the one was Adah, and the name of the other Zillah.
20. And Adah bore Jabal: he was the father of such as dwell in tents, and of such as have cattle.
21. And his brother's name was Jubal: he was the father of all such as handle the harp and organ.
22. And Zillah, she also bore Tubalcain, an instructor of every artificer in brass and iron: and the sister of Tubalcain was Naamah.
23. And Lamech said to his wives, Adah and Zillah, Hear my voice, ye wives of Lamech, hearken to my speech: for I have slain a man to my wounding, and a young man to my hurt.
24. If Cain shall be avenged seven-fold, truly Lamech seventy and seven-fold.
25. And Adam knew his wife again, and she bore a son, and called his name Seth: For God, said she, hath appointed me another seed instead of Abel, whom Cain slew.
26. And to Seth, to him also there was born a son; and he called his name Enos: then began men to call upon the name of the LORD.
1. This is the book of the generations of Adam: In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him:
2. Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.
3. And Adam lived a hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, after his image; and called his name Seth:
4. And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and daughters:
5. And all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years: and he died.
6. And Seth lived a hundred and five years, and begat Enos:
7. And Seth lived after he begat Enos eight hundred and seven years, and begat sons and daughters:
8. And all the days of Seth were nine hundred and twelve years; and he died.
9. And Enos lived ninety years, and begat Cainan.
10. And Enos lived after he begat Cainan eight hundred and fifteen years, and begat sons and daughters:
11. And all the days of Enos were nine hundred and five years; and he died.
12. And Cainan lived seventy years, and begat Mahalaleel:
13. And Cainan lived after he begat Mahalaleel eight hundred and forty years, and begat sons and daughters:
14. And all the days of Cainan were nine hundred and ten years; and he died.
15. And Mahalaleel lived sixty and five years, and begat Jared:
16. And Mahalaleel lived after he begat Jared eight hundred and thirty years, and begat sons and daughters:
17. And all the days of Mahalaleel were eight hundred ninety and five years; and he died.
18. And Jared lived a hundred sixty and two years, and he begat Enoch:
19. And Jared lived after he begat Enoch eight hundred years, and begat sons and daughters:
20. And all the days of Jared were nine hundred sixty and two years; and he died.
21. And Enoch lived sixty and five years, and begat Methuselah:
22. And Enoch walked with God after he begat Methuselah three hundred years, and begat sons and daughters:
23. And all the days of Enoch were three hundred sixty and five years:
24. And Enoch walked with God, and he was not: for God took him.
25. And Methuselah lived a hundred eighty and seven years, and begat Lamech:
26. And Methuselah lived after he begat Lamech seven hundred eighty and two years, and begat sons and daughters:
27. And all the days of Methuselah were nine hundred sixty and nine years; and he died.
28. And Lamech lived a hundred eighty and two years; and begat a son:
29. And he called his name Noah, saying, This same shall comfort us concerning our work and toil of our hands, because of the ground which the LORD hath cursed.
30. And Lamech lived after he begat Noah five hundred ninety and five years, and begat sons and daughters:
31. And all the days of Lamech were seven hundred seventy and seven years; and he died.
32. And Noah was five hundred years old: and Noah begat Shem, Ham, and Japheth.
Comente sobre este trecho da bíblia
- A criação do universo e da raça humana Capítulo: 1-2
- O começo do pecado e do sofrimento Capítulo: 3
- De Adão até Noé Capítulo: 4-5
- Noé e o dilúvio Capítulo: 6-10
- A torre de Babel Capítulo: 11.1-9
- De Sem até Abrão Capítulo: 11.10-32
- Os patriarcas: Abraão, Isaque e Jacó Capítulo: 12-35
- Os descendentes de Esaú Capítulo: 36
- José e os seus irmãos Capítulo: 37-45
- Os israelitas no Egito Capítulo: 46-50
Você está lendo Gênesis na edição WEB, Webster, em Inglês.
Este lívro compôe o Antigo Testamento, tem 50 capítulos, e 1533 versículos.