1. To the chief Musician upon Shoshannim, for the sons of Korah, Maschil, A Song of loves. My heart is inditing a good matter: I speak of the things which I have made concerning the king: my tongue is the pen of a ready writer.
2. Thou art fairer than the children of men: grace is poured into thy lips: therefore God hath blessed thee for ever.
3. Gird thy sword upon thy thigh, O most mighty, with thy glory and thy majesty.
4. And in thy majesty ride prosperously because of truth and meekness and righteousness; and thy right hand shall teach thee terrible things.
5. Thy arrows are sharp in the heart of the king's enemies; by which the people fall under thee.
6. Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: the scepter of thy kingdom is a scepter of justice.
7. Thou lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness: therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.
8. All thy garments smell of myrrh, and aloes, and cassia, out of the ivory palaces, by which they have made thee glad.
9. Kings daughters were among thy honorable women: upon thy right hand stood the queen in gold of Ophir.
10. Hearken, O daughter, and consider, and incline thy ear; forget also thy own people, and thy father's house;
11. So shall the king greatly desire thy beauty: for he is thy lord; and worship thou him.
12. And the daughter of Tyre shall be there with a gift; even the rich among the people shall entreat thy favor.
13. The king's daughter is all glorious within: her clothing is of wrought gold.
14. She shall be brought to the king in raiment of needle-work: the virgins her companions that follow her shall be brought to thee.
15. With gladness and rejoicing shall they be brought: they shall enter into the king's palace.
16. Instead of thy fathers shall be thy children, whom thou mayest make princes in all the earth.
17. I will make thy name to be remembered in all generations: therefore shall the people praise thee for ever and ever.
Comente sobre este trecho da bíblia
Você está lendo Salmos na edição WEB, Webster, em Inglês.
Este lívro compôe o Antigo Testamento, tem 150 capítulos, e 2461 versículos.